An orthopedic care navigator is a specially trained, registered nurse who provides expert clinical assistance and support to patients who are receiving care at AdventHealth. This confidential service is available to all orthopedic patients.
You’re not alone. We’re here to help.
The orthopedic care navigator is here to ensure you receive the care you need when you need it. They are an advocate during your orthopedic health journey and will guide you through the diagnosis and treatment of your orthopedic issues. Your care navigator will provide the following services tailored to your individual needs:
- Serves as the clinical liaison between you and your health care team
- Acts as a patient advocate through the surgical process and hospitalization (if applicable)
- Creates a customized care plan
- Educates the patient about their diagnosis and treatment options
- Provides referrals to appropriate care providers
- Assists with scheduling consults, tests, and procedures